I must say that I'm really glad I toughed out my recent lack of speedwork and long runs to participate in the Hot Chocolate 15K. Hopefully I'll get the race report done in a timely manner. In the meantime, suffice it to say, it was really hilly, REALLY fun, and the chocolate was impressive!
|Photo courtesy of Dawn|
The Yo Gabba Gabba! show on Saturday with the kids was fun, but having to hold my two year old on my hip for half the show instead of just dancing along next to my son made for a little unexpected workout...
I'm already looking forward to this weekend with absolutely nothing on our calendar, and we're celebrating our empty agenda with a nice steak dinner on Saturday!
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - chicken stir fry with veggies and Trader Joes red curry sauce
- Wednesday - alpine chicken casserole (this is a recipe I think everyone has come across at some point: chicken breasts topped with swiss cheese, cream of mushroom soup thinned out with water, or a little white wine if ya want, and topped with cubed stuffing that's been tossed with a little butter. Bake at 350 for an hour, covered with foil for the first half hour. mmmm, cheesy baked goodness.)
- Thursday - wine and yoga night with Jasyoga!
- Friday - cavatappi pasta with walnut pesto and cherry tomatoes (I just throw a large package of basil in the cuisinart with a handful of walnuts, parmesan, a clove of garlic and stream in olive oil until it looks good - add salt and pepper to taste.)
- Saturday - top sirloin steaks, twice baked potatoes and wedge salads (iceberg lettuce with red onion, bacon, tomatoes and blue cheese dressing)
- Sunday - southwest chopped chicken salad (new Tasty Kitchen recipe)