|He asked me to write 'Gold for Leprechauns' just in case they didn't know..|
But they left their 'flashlights' behind (clover shaped glow sticks). Also, the green cake turned out rather good! Spinach works well as food coloring and hidden nutrition. WIN.
If I make this again, I think I'll use vegetable oil instead of olive oil - I didn't think it jived 100% with the sweetness of the cake. Also, drizzle a scant amount of oil over your spinach to get it to puree more easily.
OK, on to this weeks eats:
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - buffalo chicken salad with creamy avocado ranch dressing (trying this recipe from Annie's Eats)
- Wednesday - spicy Thai peanut noodles with veggies and chicken (trying this sauce from allrecipes)
- Thursday - chicken with artichokes, tomatoes and mozzarella
- Friday - steak fajitas (carne asada skirt steak from Trader Joes with all the fixins)
- Saturday - rigatoni with arrabiata sauce (in a dutch oven, saute 1/2 pound Italian sausage with onion/garlic in olive oil, deglaze with some white wine once it's cooked and add 28oz can crushed tomatoes, an 8oz can of sauce and a can of tomato paste - let it simmer for at least 30 minutes to an hour)
- Sunday - minestrone (trying a Barefoot Contessa version)
Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway for an Endorphin Warrior training bracelet!