AND, I hit up the Brooks Outlet with my yearly friends and family event discount - thanks to my awesome friend Mandy! I thought I'd give the whole minimalist shoe thing a try, since they now have the first generation of Pure Project shoes available.
|For $50 how could I not give them a try, plus everyone will see me comin' from a mile away!|
On to food - last week's Pinterest experiment of Hawaiian grilled chicken was okay. We needed to add a bunch of Huli Huli sauce to our rice to give it all a bit more flavor. Thanks to friend Megan's awesome lunch suggestion of a fried egg on top of Huli Huli flavored rice, I had the sauce on hand. Yuuuummm.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - baked chicken taquitos (from Our Best Bites)
- Wednesday - meatloaf and mashed potatoes (Paula Deen's basic recipe)
- Thursday - girls night out (pushed back from last week, which tends to happen)
- Friday - marsala chicken casserole (this week's Pinterest experiment: a Rachael Ray recipe)
- Saturday - farfalle with zucchini (Pioneer Woman recipe)
- Sunday - tequila lime turkey chili (a Pink Parsley recipe)