And on Saturday, she tripped while running onto our back deck and lost half a fingernail and half a toenail. She is just an accident waiting to happen. I always thought my boy would be the one with all the bruises, scrapes, bumps and eventually stitches and broken bones. Now I'm thinking otherwise.
I really don't have any good segue... so here's this week's eats with some attempts at some Chicago favorites:
- Monday - Pizza!
- Tuesday - Waldorf Salad (pushed back from last week because we decided to have a lazy night and went out for dinner)
- Wednesday - Angel Hair pasta with tomatoes, peas, fresh herbs (basil/oregano/chives/parsley) and fresh mozzarella
- Thursday - Garbage Salad (this is my attempt at an old Chicago favorite salad they used to make at Blackies with hard boiled egg, artichoke hearts, bacon bits, hearts of palm, onions and tomato with ceasar dressing)
- Friday - Skillet Lasagna (from How Sweet Eats) with hot italian turkey sausage
- Saturday - Flat Iron Steak with jerk seasoning, twice baked potatoes and roasted Parmesan green beans (pinterest experiment)
- Sunday - Fajitas - my husband couldn't help but grab this at the grocery store, another attempt at the tastes of home:
|I'm SURE it's gonna taste like Rick Bayless whipped it up in our own home!|