So this is my 100th post! I suppose I should have something profound to say, but all I can think of right now is that I simultaneously love and loathe tempo running. Today I only had to do two miles after one mile of warmup time, yet I felt like I might hurl just a weeee bit in those two measly miles. On the flip side, I love it when I'm done, because I'm DONE and it's fun to see what pace I maintained: extra bonus points when I'm exactly where the McMillan calculator tells me I should be (8:27-8:41 min miles) for my goal of running a sub two hour half marathon. With the plan I'm following, I'm going to be working up to a FIVE mile tempo run. Maintaining that pace for that long is making me feel a little queasy... Welp, guess I shall distract myself from thinking about THAT and think about food instead - that's always a good plan.
- Monday - Pizza: I found out about this 50% off promotion that Papa John's has going on via Thrifty Northwest Mom, so we might just have to take advantage of it tonight...
- Tuesday - Spicy Avocado Enchiladas (awesome recipe found via Pinterest)
- Wednesday - stuffed flounder filets from Trader Joes, sauteed green beans and brown rice
- Thursday - spicy chicken sausages on the grill and baked potato salad (typical potato salad recipe with lite mayo/sour cream and then shredded cheddar, bacon and green onion)
- Friday - veggie and chicken stir fry with Trader Joes Red Curry sauce
- Saturday - Spaghetti with turkey ragu (1/2 lb ground turkey, onion, garlic, 28oz can crushed tomatoes, 8oz can tomato sauce and 1/2 can of tomato paste)
- Sunday - Waldorf salad with chicken - an old Alton Brown recipe and, as he would tell you, a traditional Waldorf salad does not include chicken. But, we add it anyway.